Thursday, July 29, 2010

The Blind Receive Their Sight

And Jesus went to Bethsaida; and there they brought a blind man unto him, and besought him to touch him. And he took the blind man by the hand, and led him out of the town; and when he had spit on his eyes, and put his hands upon him, he asked him if he saw anything. And he looked up, and said, "I see men as trees, walking." After that he put his hands again upon his eyes, and made him look up again. And he was restored, and saw every man clearly. And he sent him away to his house, saying, "Neither go into the town, nor tell any in the town about this (Mark 8:22-26)."

And as Jesus passed by, he saw a man, which was blind from his birth. And Jacob the Son of Zebedee asked him, saying, "Rabbouni, who did sin, this man, or his parents, that he was born blind?" Jesus answered, "Neither has this man sinned, nor his parents; but that the works of God should be made manifest in him. I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night comes, when no man can work. As long as I am in the world, I am the light of the world." When he had thus spoken, he spat on the ground, and made a poultice of the spittle, and he anointed the eyes of the blind man with the clay, and said unto him, "Go, wash in the pool of Siloam." (Which is Hebrew, meaning "Sent.") He went his way therefore, and washed, and came seeing. The neighbors therefore, and they which before had seen him that he was blind, said, "Is not this he that sat and begged?" Some said, "This is he!" Others said, "No, it's not him. It is just someone who looks like him." But he said, "I am he." Therefore said they unto him, "How were your eyes opened?" He answered and said, "A man that is called Jesus made clay, and anointed my eyes, and said unto me, "Go to the pool of Siloam, and wash" and I went and washed, and I received my sight." (John 9:1-11).

No comments: